• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

10 MM Ammo

terry2425

.270 WIN
Been working several weeks on a load for the 10 MM that will group well and still have a little higher velocity. I have used a 180 and 200 Grn RNFP copper plated bullet with Longshot, 800-X, ETR-7 and Hodgdon CFE Pistol. What I have found is loads under 1100 FPS will not group as well as loads 1150 to 1175 FPS. The best load so far is CFE Pistol at 1155 FPS. Will group under 3 inches at 25 yards.

Any 10 MM guys that would like to share their favorite loads I'm all ears!

so far for me accuracy and velocity from a G29 are around 10.5g of Blue Dot.......but I run 11g and that is with all 180gr projo's

Terry,

I know that 800-X can really reach out there for velocity performance, but damn that stuff is like metering corn flakes. I don't use it.

I run 180-gr Hornady XTPs and Accurate #7 with WLPs a little teeny tiny bit beyond published MAX, BUT.... I am looking at an unopened bottle of #9 on my bench that i think would be a really great alternative if speed is considered lacking with #7. As you know, Accurate makes pistol powders that meter absolutely beautifully.

Is your plated bullet maker stating there is a velocity envelope before the plating shears? Thinking about somebody with a long pistol barrel, or even a Mec-Tec carbine, using a plated bullet.

Nitesite,

I agree, 800-X is a pain in the ass to get an accurate load. Good powder and good velocities though. Going to test some Blue Dot next.

Back