• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

100 yd. 9mm Shootout

mingaa

Raconteur
A friend of mine and I got into a 100 yard 9mm pistol shooting jag recently with water jugs. Shooting hot rounds flattened things out considerably - good fun!!

That turned into an on-line paper challenge. We managed good groups from a rest and he was hitting off hand - good stuff.
My Glock 34 vs his Taurus 99.

I came across JM and his 9mm revolver just now - popping a balloon at 1,000 yds on the second shot.

Talk about humbling!! *sigh*

(Can't embed on phone - hope it works or will update ASAP)

Impressive.

Most impressive.

Vader.jpg

On occasion, we take out many of our 9mm carbines out to 100 yards, but they're usually with dots and stocks and front grips, etc. Never tried taking a pistol out that far. I think it would be a big challenge.

Usually when me an my buddy shoot we try 200 with handguns. Can hit the silhouette 1 or 2 out,of 10 shots on average.

I have an old 5gal. milk can sitting on a stone wall 80yds., out back of the house. I like to shoot at it with my 45 Colt SAA. I hit it about 2-3 out of six shots. Seams like the bullet takes about a second to get there. Bob.

It does seem like it.

Like when you see a firework go off in the sky and it's already faded away before you hear the boom.

I like Jerry but for a 150' bullet drop he sure was aiming awfully level...and the balloon got hit by fragments. The round hit low left.

Yeah, I'm a doubter this time...

Yep.

Big a$$ bullet LOL

I used to work with a guy who was probably more than 25 years my senior and he would come in the back of the shop away from customers wailing that song.

I can't hear it without thinking about him.

Back