• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

12ga Pistol Grip Light

Dewyz1100

.22LR
Greetings all...

Those that have seen my build thread on my Mossberg 500MILS know that these projects can become an ongoing labor of love...

That being said... I am looking for an accessory that may or may not exist...

...a pistol grip that has an integrated light to replace the stock washboard horizontal fore grip...

I have looked into replacement fore grips that have built-in lights (Surefire and EOtech), but neither of them are of a pistol grip configuration...I have found that a pistol grip up front makes for a much more stable and comfortable shooting experience for me...

The old ATI pistol grip I had was simply solid plastic with no recoil absorbing comfort materials, but it allowed me to spread the recoil out into both my arms... Now to combine that notion with a weapon light without taking up space on the side of my tri-rail would be a bonus...

Anyone know of, or have experience with, an accessory such as this?

I suppose you could always just get a tri-rail forend, add foregrip and light and you'd probably be at least in the ballpark of what you're looking for. I don't know if an integrated sorta thing like the Surefire with a foregrip exists though.

That is the problem, I don't think what I want exists...

I have a warhammer rail system for it, but even that needs custom barrel brackets milled due to the additional thickness of a military barrel... Plus, I don't want a clunky light hanging off the side of it...want the light on the fore grip...

Worst comes to worst, I will modify the ATI grip I have, but as I know all too well - "Custom" usually means cobbling something together to make it work...with questionable results at times...

Oofta, that is a lot of metal. I do know there are some integrated grip/lights you can slap on a rail... But my Google-fu fails me concerning an integrated foregrip/forearm/flashlight.

Well, here is the only combination I was able to find that fit the bill for my requirements concerning the pistol grip weapon light...

Surefire G2X mounted within a Fab Defense T-Grip fore-grip along with a Fab Defense PR-MO hand guard mounted on the 500MILS...

I will have to massage the T-Grip a little bit to get rid of some rough edges, but overall the setup works well...hope it holds up under multiple shell shots...

Light01_zpsb9792a49.jpg

Light02_zpsbbec49e6.jpg

Back