What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

20" barell and 8 shot mag?

jkwa1

Copper BB
Hello All, I have a 590A1 with the 18" barell and 5 shot tube, does anyone know where/if I can get the 20" with bayonet lug and 8 shot mag? thank you for your time.

Are you looking for the barrel and magazine tube without purchasing another 590A1?

yes, wish I would have bought the 20" first but did not, I have been looking but with no luck for the parts separate.

jkwa1 said:
yes, wish I would have bought the 20" first but did not, I have been looking but with no luck for the parts separate.

check the usual suspects like Brownells. I did. Not because I was unhappy with my 5 shot 590a1, but because I figured I ought to have the parts in case the current administration set their sights on scary shotguns. Turned out that with what I wanted, I was within $150 of a new gun. And what's better? Parts to put on your gun, or save up another month or so and have a Holenuthergun! :mrgreen:

If there is a specific sight you want on the barrel for like ghostrings or something, you may have to go through Mossberg themselves. And they do sell things that aren't listed on the website so you can just ask for exactly what you want. Things will be 15 to 20% more from mossberg, so shop around first.

Of course you could bite the bullet and buy a Vangcomp barrel while you're at it, and while not cheap, you'd end up with literally a world class gun.

The beauty of the mossberg is that unlike the Remingtons, the mag tubes aren't braised in. Man I love the 590a1!

Blue is right on. Check with Mossberg, Brownells, Havlin Sales...

May as well have the whole thing though, then you got 2 whole firearms n stuff, and cost wise... I'd just get another gun.

Weird, I have a 20" 8 shot, and I'm wanting a 5 shot!

Ah well, the grass is always greener. People with curly hair want straight hair and vice versa.

Found them at AIMPRO Tactical if anyone is interested....

20” M590A1 heavy wall barrel Ghost Ring sight $ 174

20” M590A1 heavy wall barrel Bead sight $ 142

8 shot M590A1 magazine tube (P) $30

jkwa1 said:
Found them at AIMPRO Tactical if anyone is interested....

20” M590A1 heavy wall barrel Ghost Ring sight $ 174

20” M590A1 heavy wall barrel Bead sight $ 142

8 shot M590A1 magazine tube (P) $30

I own the 5 shot 590a1, and with the longer barrel and 3 extra rounds in the tube, I think if I was converting mine, I'd skip the heavy wall barrel. Just me.

:eek: You might want to check with Mossberg, I paid 155 for my SPX barrel with the LPA front sight, the 590A1 SPX will be my next shotgun purchase Merry Christmas to me :eek:

Southpaw said:
Why don't just Rossignol and jkwa1 swap guns and everybody is happy? :)

Well, it could work, but I really really like my 9 shot! I just want both!!! :D