• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

20g for HD – what are the differences between models?

hello MJS welcome from NY and congrats on your new mossy.
thats a nice combo you bought. :) you get a chance post a pic.

I have the Mossy Super Bantam for HD. Was out shooting targets today and Winchester super x game loads were devastating at 15-20 feet. Which is your normal hd distance. All this stuff about buckshot and slugs are not necessary unless you enjoy cleaning up the mess. It performs flawlessly.

Hi,
New guy here. I used to use a 12 ga model 500 for Trap shooting, but the passage of time, friends moving away, and back problems kind of got me away from using my shotgun. Anyway, about two years ago I decided to get back into shotties. Definitely didn't want a 12, so I picked up a Stoeger 20ga Outlander O/U with 20 inch barrels. Nice gun, and I came to the conclusion that, for me anyway, 20 ga was the way to go.

I have no regrets about going with the 20, as far as recoil goes. Anyway, now I'm looking for another shotgun in 20 ga for HD. I've been pondering on either the SA-20 semi-auto or a 500 pump. To be specific, I was looking at this 20 ga 500,

http://www.mossberg.com/product/shotgun ... shot/54300

Granted it's around 3" longer than the mini referenced in the second post, but it comes with a full 5-rd tube, and the cost difference isn't really that much. It might just be what you're looking for.

The 500 will give you a lot more upgrade/customization options then the SA-20.

You are very limited with stock and barrel options with the SA-20. The 500C will use most od the same stocks as the 12ga (500A) model.

I have a model 500C and I have the a field (26 or 28"), turkey (22") and security (18") barrel for it. It can easily adapt to whatever I want to use it for.

If they only offered a deer barrel for the SA-20, I'd have one already. LOL

I found a 500C Super Bantam in a pawn shop. I put the spacers in the butt, changed out the rifled barrel for a tactical, and added a sling and a Mag-Lite XL200.

mossberg.jpg

Back