• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

22lr ammo

I'm not exactly sure what is a tactical .22 so if you can just narrow your question I'm willing to help.

What's the bullet weight?

I know aguila SSS 22LR is 60 gr bullets, which is about a third heavier than a regular 22 bullet so they'll stabilize in faster twist rate barrels better.

I don't know much about the "tactical 22" ammo.

kyhellbilly said:
Anyone know much about the Winchester M22?? They say its made for tactical 22s..
http://www.winchester.com/library/news- ... Round.aspx << the Winchester spec page on the round.

• Velocity: 1255 fps
• Grains: 40
• Bullet Type: Plated Lead Round Nose

Pretty standard stuff - I'd shoot it (probably have?!!?).

If you are referring to a 715 as a tactical 22 you do realize that you are talking about a 702 in different jacket, right?! The gun is not based on an AR platform and while a good shooter, it has no exceptional / different internals than the 702 (a gun that I am happy to own and shoot!).

I knew it was a 702 but, i did not know it wasn't AR platform.. learnt something new.. I assumed it had something to do with the way the ammo was fed lol. Im a complete greenhorn when it comes to some of these new rifles.. I fooled with shotguns and black powders mostly.. Ive owned 22lr before but, mostly single shot.. Im just trying to figure out the best shooting rnd.. Ive got bulk Winchester thats a few yrs old and it dont feed worth a crap..

The 702 and 715 are both good basic shooters. With a scope I'm good at 100 yds and I can empty a 10 round magazine as fast as I can cycle the trigger. Finding the right ammo OR eliminating problem ammo is key.

Let me re-state that. FINDING 22LR ammo is key!! :eek:

No need to apologize for anything hellbilly. I am just glad you're trying to learn more about the weapon. I think many people would be well served to do just what you're doing. Researching and finding out all you can about it.

While I don't know anything specific about the 715, maybe someday I'll be PM'ing you with my questions trying to get answers.

I've sent a few thousand rounds of the Win. M22 down range.

It's pretty good stuff and I usually see far fewer duds per box than with Remy Goldens...

Back