• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

30.06 makeover

jimmydeuce

.270 WIN
A month or so ago I got several of my dads old guns. His Rem 742 30.06's was pretty well used. I was talking to my mom the other day and she asked if I had done anything to them. I told her other than cleaning them they were staying the way they were.

She said one of the deer rifles didn't have much 'paint' left on it and needed something done to it so I asked her what she wanted me to do. She said "Make it look like something that our boys would use". She's a big military supporter.

Now I told her several times I really didn't want to change it. She said that's what they make paint remover for.

She's called wanting a pic of it so I finished it today and sent her one. She said she liked it so that's good enough for me. She probably lied anyway. And just so you guys know....I'm 47 and if my mom wants something done, it damn well gets done. :lol:

Before
004-1.jpg

After
rem4.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to paint the wood so I went with the wrap.

Great job!

I'm the same way. No matter how old I get, I'm still "yes mam" and "no mam" with my mom. I still get scared when she points that little iron finger at me... :lol:

Back