• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

308 build or buy?

what do you need Mike ?
Just looking for a receiver. I wanted to do an 80%, but then I have to factor in a new jig. May just go with a matched set from PA. My new job provides me with less fun money and less time so I'm just kind of in a holding pattern right now until things smooth out a bit.

Bastards. 308 build is on my list. Thinking of an Aero Precision build (upper and lower). Probably
Just looking for a receiver. I wanted to do an 80%, but then I have to factor in a new jig. May just go with a matched set from PA. My new job provides me with less fun money and less time so I'm just kind of in a holding pattern right now until things smooth out a bit.
Aero for 99.99 , legit place. I'm fixing to get a set from them sub 200 bucks
https://bkingsfirearms.com/shop/ar10-lower-receivers/aero-precision-ar10-m5-stripped-lower/

Have you orderred from them before?
an M5 set was ordered today . I did research and its all positive . My FFL said as of today Aero went to 250 dealer cost. So the next round they get might not be as cheap

Just got it , they went from 50 orders a day to 500 a day for over 10 days straight now ..... so it took a bit to get it out . Panic buying is on as far as I can tell . 556 stuff is getting ravaged

Just got it , they went from 50 orders a day to 500 a day for over 10 days straight now ..... so it took a bit to get it out . Panic buying is on as far as I can tell . 556 stuff is getting ravaged

Yeah saw that. Thought it was a blip but all lower parts are getting bought up.

Seems like a lot of builds to be put on hold for me.

Sucks but I have what I need. Got my training ammo in a few weeks ago. So my training won't be effected this year.

Folks in my neck of the woods aren't panicking at all. Shelves are well stocked.

I think a lot of locals are well stocked in supplies for the time being.

You can't even go to a roadside flea market without tripping over boxes of ammo and getting snagged by charging handles from guns that are slightly hanging over the edge of all the tables.

Folks in my neck of the woods aren't panicking at all. Shelves are well stocked.

I think a lot of locals are well stocked in supplies for the time being.

You can't even go to a roadside flea market without tripping over boxes of ammo and getting snagged by charging handles from guns that are slightly hanging over the edge of all the tables.
Well when I'm ready to build I may hit you up for parts wink

We can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Despite the higher cost of tooling, I am opting for an 80%er on this.

Who made the handguard that you used on the 458? It seemed really nice. Does that company make one in ar10 thread pattern?

I think that one was made by Matrix Arms. I looked where I bought it and they didnt have one for the ar10.

They only had Odin and another brand that was equally expensive.

Bummer. I really liked the way that handguard felt in the hand. And appreciated that it was relatively light too.

Bummer. I really liked the way that handguard felt in the hand. And appreciated that it was relatively light too.

Did a little more digging, they do make one in 7.62 in both DPMS and Armalite fitment.

I broke down and orderred the Matrix Arms handguard. I really liked it on my 450 build

Looks nice, light, and comfortable.

Back