• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

375 made it to the range

Shawn.54

I have a Patriot in 375 Ruger Marincote synthetic stock made it to the range for the first time this weekend.
20 round of 300gr round nose down the tube from the bench was a little rough.
Only trouble I had was scope ring screws were getting lose and point of aim would change I did get a couple of sub 1inch groups
I'm happy so far.
Just need to get ring screws figured out.

Nice.

Try a little loc-tite on the screws.

Glad you like it.

I'm well pleased with the rifle and in the future put a Boyd's stock on it.
I did remove Mossberg butt pad and install a limbsaver original pad had a plastic rib in it that caused pain new one is good.

Had some time to look at scope rings last night had to change them out.
The cross bolts were small about #6 and had room to slide forward and backward in slot in the bases to the point where it was making thread impressions in ring material I tightened them to the point I thought they would break. And still they moved under recoil. Had a higher set of better quality on hand so I installed them actually higher rings fit me better. But I think a set of steel rings are in my future. And lock tight too. I think this cartridge may have some recoil.lol
Shawn

Well after further investigation it messed up both bases too so I'm ordering some talley 1 piece rings and bases mounts their site says that patriot and Rem 700 are the same. I hope so I made the order.

Back