• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

4x4 270 jammed

Kaala808

Copper BB
Hi if any one could help me out... I have a 4x4 270 bolt action. When I first got the gun I took it to the range to have it sighted in. Maybe 12 rounds shot. I cleaned it and put it away. Well couple of months later I took it out and resighTed it ( new scope) in. I loaded1 bullet at a time and first shot fired but the bolt got stuck and it couldn't open to eject the casing. With force and messing with the safey and bolt release it opened. Second shot same thing as the first. I oiled the bolt and loaded a 3 RD round and fired. Bolt jammed again and can't eject casing. Took it home and cleaned the rifle and bolt and it is fine. Only with a casing in it always jams and I cant pull the bolt back to release the casing. I didn't try it with a live round to see if it will release. Please help. By the way I'm shooting 130 grain Winchester bullets. Any one with the same problem?

Welcome to the forums!!

I assume the 270 ammo your using is Brass. Try cleaning the chamber real good with a Brass brush with gun cleaning solvent in the chamber thats the same size as the shell casing on the 270 shell. Could be a build up of something in the chamber causing the shell to stick.

Hi. I cleaned the crap out of it but didn't try it yet. But I did notice some minor gouges on the front of the bolt and I see some on the casing. I hope it works. Thanks

As far as I know the 4x4 line is not being discontinued and I know that I love mine!

Kaala808 said:
Thanks. Good to b here. By the way is the 4x4 line crappy? I heard it was discontinued
Howdy Kaala808! And welcome to the club. The 4x4 line is not discontinued. And about them being crappy, it depends on if you are talking to a Remington owner. They are a great gun and need little maintenance, as like most guns. But if you do some searching at pro-mossberg sites ( here for one) you will get a better understanding the quality of them. We will give only honest and sometimes blunt answers to all questions anyone might have. So take a look around here, check out our search feature, and if hasn't been asked or answered feel free to do so yourself. I trust you will enjoy this great site as much as we all do here.

Sup people thanks for the welcome. I love my gun it's the issue I have that I don't like. When I contacted my local gun shop about the issue, they called the people who they got the gun from and told them that the model I have (270) was discontinued. So that's why I asked. I was going to get a refund but I could not find the scope and mounts it came with cause I replaced it with better ones. I know I know I should've kept it! lol I've been hearing of the same problems I have from other people who have the same gun. Well I hope I can resolve the issue and enjoy the gun. If anyone had the same problem let me know! Thanks again

Back