• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

5.7x28

Not bad.

Just ordered a couple boxes. Still high, but $10 cheaper than the one shop around here that gets it in on occasion. Thanks for the heads-up oli...

I was thinking of you since your the only person I know who owns the caliber......didn't know if it was a good deal but I know it was scarce so cool.

I certainly appreciate it brother.

Before all the silliness I was buying from Bass Pro for $21.99 a box. They never seemed to run out of it back then either. Now the only place that gets it in on occasion is a local reloading supply store that sells some factory ammo and they mark it up to $39.99 a box. I hope seeing this available at PSA is a sign that there might be more back on the market soon...

yeah, looking better and I bet its fun enough to shoot you need quite a few

no sweat bro

They look reloadable, seems like it would be tedious but I bet powder would go a long way and since it seems like a high volume shooter like the AR, might be cool to reload.....I have to look at data book

might even be able to make some mean rounds like they were designed instead of what is available. I don't know much about the cal. but it seems I remember citizens aren't able to get the real good rounds ?

Turns out the only data I have at home has some data, doesn’t sound the worth it , although the 45 grain soft points sound tempting.
The suppressing part of the data to me is the use of 800x and Blue Dot……those are for moving heavy bullets and shotgun loads. Both are top 10mm powders for getting max velocity…..Blue Dot meters ok, not great and 800x is huge, flaky and meters like crap……

And if you reload the cases, NEVER clean them in a tumbler as the straight walled brass has a plastic coating that assists in them releasing from the chamber walls during extraction. Tumbling removes the plastic coating and makes extraction very sticky which is not good ju-ju in a semi-auto.

I've thought about reloading as well, however I have a $#!t ton of 55gr. projectiles, I was looking around on the FN site to see what people were using for powder and I have none they suggest and I can't remember what they were off hand... With powder still being somewhat of an issue to find from time to time, I may just get the dies and wait it out.
I need to pick up a fancy new reloading manual as well :)

Back