• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500A Trigger Housing Problem

jerlin

Copper BB
I have an older 500A. After many years of use, the lugs on the trigger housing broke, causing the front of the trigger assembly to drop slightly out of the receiver. This happened three years ago. I ordered a new polymer Mossberg housing from Numrich. After disassembling the old parts from the original trigger assembly and installing them in the new housing, I made sure everything functioned properly with the shotgun. Since then, I have used the shotgun very little. The other day I was shooting trap and the lugs on the new trigger housing broke again. Could there be some reason for the lugs to break so soon after replacing the housing? Has anyone had experience with an all metal trigger assembly? If so, will it fit an older model 500A?

Welcome. Make sure the cartridge stop and the cartridge interrupter aren't hitting the trigger housing when putting the housing in. Also don't force it in.

Hi old mossy, thanks for the advice. When I installed the new trigger housing into the receiver I made sure the cartridge stop and cartridge interrupter weren't hitting the trigger housing and did not force the trigger housing in. The trigger assembly has not been out of the shotgun since then. Can you think of any other reason why the lugs would break on the new housing? Also, do you have any advice about the all metal trigger housing? Someone told me Mossberg had relabeled the metal trigger assembly as a restricted item. This would require the shotgun to be returned to Mossberg to replace it, but only if the shotgun had a metal trigger housing. If not, it is a special order item. I see Brownell has the all metal trigger assembly and I cannot see any restrictions. Again, I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Sorry I don't know Mossberg's policy with the metal trigger assembly.

Keep us posted.

Back