• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

535 cycle issues

bellegood

Copper BB
new here aint sure were else to turn. got a brand new 535 turkey thug after probaly 15 shoots i took it all apart for a good cleaning. after reassembling it cycled properly until i put shells in the mag tube. after loading the gun it wants to lock up after trying to eject spent hull and chambering new shell. it will cycle but it has to forced. i cant find anything to be causing it to malfunction. any help is greatly appreciated. i hate to ship it back to mossberg due to upcoming turkey season. thanks in advanced

Howdy and welcome to the club....

For our own fyi....are you new to shotguns? How many times have you feild stripped one? I only ask to find out your experience with them. I am in no way being condesending with my questions. We just need to start somewhere....and before we go rattling off stuff to figure it out, I just want to know if you knew "stuff".

Also if you post a pic of the "jamb" it might help us to....closer the better.

Ok? Looking forward to helpin ya out soon....

I'm a turkey hunter too..so I'd love to help ya out one hunter to another...gobble..gobble.

How does the magazine spring feel when you push it with your finger or try to put a round in it? If it's slack or weak, the wooden plug may be tangled in the magazine spring.

This happened to mine, and rounds weren't feeding properly from the magazine. I had to remove it and remove the wooden plug. Now it works like a charm.

The problem with that is if you do remove it and go hunting you might put in more loads than you are supposed to have. Then if a Warden checks it....you in trouble. ;)

Back