• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 a1 typhon ghost ring chokes

marktold

Copper BB
I bought a 590 a1 ghost ring thyphon for home defense. Since it is hard to shoot shotguns were I live its hard to practice. I cant just go to the woods or a field of a farmer. And finding a range that allows to shoot shotguns is not easy. We mostly have indoor ranges in Switzerland. One way to train would be trap shooting but of course my model has no chokes in it. Not getting into a discussion if it makes sense - tactical with chokes here comes my questions.

1) anyone done it?
2) would these be the right type of chokes to buy https://www.mossberg.com/store/12-gauge-accu-choke-tube-modified-95195.html

Kind regards
Markus

Hi Markus,

I've taken my 590A1 out to the sporting clays course many times with no chokes. I don't get the benefit that chokes bring but I don't really care. It's more about battery of arms, cycling the action and hitting moving targets.

Pull!!!!!!!!

Jmm14534 is correct that you don't have to have a choke to shoot clays and an open or cylinder choke will work. If anything, it will let the payload spread out more and you might actually hit a few more than if you had a really tight choke.

It's not only about how many that you hit. Though with practice, you should be able to hit more. Try using 8 shot or even 9 1/2 shot will work for that.

Back