• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 Barrels?

oneoclock

Copper BB
Hello, I just recently bought a new 590. Standard barrel is cylinder bore, so I thought I might look for a barrel with a choke for hunting, but I'm not seeing barrels for the 590, only 500, 535, 835, etc. Did I buy a model which has no barrel/choke options, or am I just not finding their sources yet? :?:

1o'clock, Hi and welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

Let me ask, do you have a 5 shot or 8 shot magazine? If its the 5 shot magazine, you can use an 835 barrel and get one threaded for accu-choke, or even oreder one with the accu-choke set which is a set of 3 chokes I think?

Other than that 835 barrel, you wont find anything else. Reason bein the configuration, the relationship between the barrel and magazine lug. The 500 and 535's use a magazine lug permanently fixed to the barrel. the 590/590A1/835 use a cap on the end of the magazine tube and rings which slide over the tube. There are unforunately no sporting 590's, but if you have a 20" barrel with an 8 round magazine you could have your barrel threaded. If its the 5 round, you can use any of the 835 barrels. You could then have your 18.5" HD/SD security barrel and a field barrel.

Let me know what you come up with! Dont be a stranger to these parts!!! ;)

Well, it is the 8 shot magazine with 20" barrel. I guess I should have done a bit more homework before making the choice. Although, I really just got it for fun, target, and HD, so choking the barrel for hunting was an after thought.

Thank you for the info.

No problem... if it helps, I use my 590A1 20" for hunting, and with moderate success! :D If only I was a better shot! :lol:

Seriously, its a fine gun! It can be threaded down the road should you need it, but with practice and patterning, you can use it quite successfully!

Back