• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

8-shell carrier and rail

Free Man

.22LR
anybody put one of these on a 500 yet?

and?

need to put a rail up top and i'm thinking about getting one of these but wanted to check the wisdom bank first.

thanks.

I know Mesa makes some great equipment, I don't doubt its a quality piece.

What I don't like is havin to remove hardware to break a gun down. It may never be an issue for you, I dunno, depends how often you wanna clean it. I don't clean my often, but when I do, I dislike more parts to take off.

Only other thing, I don't like a rail and optics unless its a real low profile sight. 12 ga recoil without a solid cheek weld can suck, even makin it difficult to just practice. A sight that will cowitness with AR irons to me is just way too tall, but somethin like a micro red dot could work well.

yaw they make great stuff, not worried about quality.

i hear ya on taking stuff off to clean. i'm really bad about cleaning as it is.

enidine takes off a lot of the recoil, makes it more manageable. gonna put a P.A. knock-off red-dot on.

i was more concerned about how far back that carrier went and if it caused any issues being that long.

from mesa:

8-shotshellcarrier-1.jpg

Free Man,

My concern would be from a left handed shooter standpoint. Are you going to be running a pistol grip? If so I don't think there would be an issue. If running a stock like pictured, I think it would get in the way of a left handed grip.

Frank

yes sir, i shoot left too. that was my concern as well, but like you i was kinda thinkin' with the pistol grip it wouldn't be an issue.

how's about you get one for your gun and let me know how it works out?

is there a 10-day waiting period for that thing too? :D

Free Man,

10 Day waiting BS only on guns. I mail order all my parts straight to the house. Not very many LGS around Suburb SoCal.

As far as a pistol grip this one looks a little long for my liking. It would get in the way of the safety. I currently use my left thumb to bump the cavalry arms safety forward. Wouldn't be able to do it with this. I know safety is keeping my finger off the trigger, but I perfer to use them.

Also, now that I am thinking about it, the shells in the last two holes might fall onto your hand, or you have to take your hand off the grip to load, if placed from the bottom up. Putting 2 down back there might be the best route.

There is the new ATI that can hold 9 I believe. Holds 6 on the left side, then 3 on the right side. Have you looked into them? I personally do not like the looks of it, but if it functions???

Frank

i bump the mechanical safety with my right had now with pistol grip. with the previous "stock" stock i used left thumb too. don't see that being much of an issue for me now.

last 2-3 shells will have to be upside down/bottom up fo sho.

i'll check the ATI thanks, but not sure i want stuff hanging off both sides. cool thing about that mesa 8 shot carrier/rail combo isthat it's part of the rail systems and everything screws into the drilled and tapped ports on the top of the receiver....no receiver pin replacement stuff as far as i know.

anyone else have any comments?

thanks.

Back