• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

835 Forend Fail!!

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I replaced the stock and forend on my 835 a while back. In the process of fitting the forend I had to dremmel a bit of the plastic away and well, it finally failed as a result. Actually I noticed it at the end of deer season last year but forgot all about it til I pulled the gun out to test the scope a few weeks ago.

835NewForend_005_zpsce1ff8a5.jpg

835NewForend_004_zpsabf0ec52.jpg

835NewForend_003_zps2558a601.jpg

I ended up using a vise and pipe wrench to split the old forend to get the nut out. At this point it was worthless so I took the easiest approach.

Thanks to Nitesite volunteering an extra he had sitting around I have a nice new forend to replace it.

835NewForend_002_zps3c280d5c.jpg

835NewForend_001_zps378128f7.jpg

Yeah it doesn't match but I really don't care, it's functional, solid and offers a much better grip than the one I had.

Thanks @nitesite , you rock!!!!!!!

Mike,

You have that scope mounted as low as it can go and clear the rear sight. Great job, Sir. Nice hunting shotgun... for real.

Damn I am really glad that the forend worked for you!

Paint that bitch and you're there, my friend!!!

@ripjack13 Thanks but I'm good with the ribbed 590 forend. I actually like it better than the Blackhawk I had on it. I may or may not paint it as time permits.

You have that scope mounted as low as it can go and clear the rear sight. Great job, Sir. Nice hunting shotgun... for real.

@nitesite I worked to find a mount that was a close to the sights as possible. ;-D

Last edited:
Right on....when you do paint it, pix and a write up on it is required. ;)

oh....pshaww....where's yer sense of adventure? :rolleyes: :p

I'm more about function than appearances.

Back