• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

835 safety slide

Have a new 835 and the safety slide is very stiff. Have oiled it and worked it on and off quite a bit. Will this get easier or should i maybe put an upgrade kit on it.
Thanks

It's gonna take some time to work it till it's smooth. One option is to get another safety spring, and cut one 1/4 loop off it, and install it. See if it works better. Save the old one in a baggie for later on if it needs replacing because it became too loose.)
or go with the upgrade safety.....I went with the upgraded safety on mine. It's bigger area to push/pull. and fits my fat thumbs better...

Being a new gun I would guess it is just stiff. You really do not want it too lose. It will smooth out over time as the parts wear.

Also, don't put as much downward pressure on the safety when engaging/disengaging. Just push or pull without pushing down against the receiver. It will eventually wear in and be smooth. I've got a 930 that's smooth as butter, and I just replaced the safety on my 835. At first I was like what the heck it shouldn't be like this. But the more I worked it the smoother and easier it got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back