• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 JM Pro Safety Button Replacement/Stuck

Roger

Copper BB
Hello,

I decided to replace the stock safety button on my 930 JM Pro and replace it with an Elite Tactical oversized button.

When I removed the button, the bolt was open.. however I don't remember if the button was on safety or fire. I did have to switch the button from safety to fire, depending on what direction the safety screw was moving as in order to tap it out counter-clockwise and get leverage. When it came off.. the first thing I noticed was that there was not a detent plate installed.

I installed the oversized button and immediately noticed problems. Moving the button was gritty and I was unable to put the gun on safe. I can charge the shotgun and fire the shotgun, however when I attempt to put it on safe it is as if the button moves halfway, but I can still pull the trigger. And when I pull the trigger, the safety button moves. I put the old button on, same symptoms.

I've removed the trigger assembly, everything looks fine. The safety connector plate also looks fine, I can move it freely and it locks in place when the button is pushed to safe without the trigger assembly.

So I'm puzzled as to what is wrong. I'm also curious as to whether or not I should have a detent plate and why one wasn't installed, or is that not needed on the 930/JM Pro? Also, does this model have a safety block?

MS1.jpg
MS2.jpg
MS3.jpg

I have since cleaned everything and blew out any dust particles. Is there a diagram available that shows how the safety works when blocking the trigger? Or what am I missing?

Thanks!

Fixed my own problem.

The screw that came with the button was too long, so the extra length when tightened was rubbing against the top of the safety connector plate. I replaced the screw with a slightly shorter one and problem solved.

I'm going to go ahead and assume on the JM Pro that they didn't ship with the detent plate, but if anyone can confirm that would be great.

Back