• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Spx first time shooting issues.

Sparkey70

.22LR
NONE!
Step one:
Following instructions and video from Jerry Miculek video.
Cleaned the gun and lubricated (yes piston an all)
Step Two:
Seen the Follower was "grounded down around the rim"
Bought a after market follower in case (wasted money doing so the as the original part worked well)
Loaded Low Recoil 1200fps rifled slugs (1 oz.)
Loaded Low Recoil 00 buck shot
Loaded Low Recoil 8 Pellet Buckshot ammo
All in all I needed only one thing. A new shoulder at this time because after 200 or so rounds today it hurts a little ;).

Any takers for the 930 SPX shoulder saver (aftermarket even works) parts? (yes seriously please reply with some!)

Was a true joy to shoot today!

Sparkey

Glad you had a great range day with it. Check out this video by Rob Haught...

Using his "Push/Pull" shooting method is the absolute best thing you can do for saving your shoulder. It turns your body into a recoil pad and eliminates all the soreness and bruising. My shotguns don't come out of the safe for anything less than 200 rounds at a time. Save your money, try out this technique...

NONE!
Step one:
Following instructions and video from Jerry Miculek video.
Cleaned the gun and lubricated (yes piston an all)
Step Two:
Seen the Follower was "grounded down around the rim"
Bought a after market follower in case (wasted money doing so the as the original part worked well)
Loaded Low Recoil 1200fps rifled slugs (1 oz.)
Loaded Low Recoil 00 buck shot
Loaded Low Recoil 8 Pellet Buckshot ammo
All in all I needed only one thing. A new shoulder at this time because after 200 or so rounds today it hurts a little ;).

Any takers for the 930 SPX shoulder saver (aftermarket even works) parts? (yes seriously please reply with some!)

Was a true joy to shoot today!

Sparkey

SPARKEY, THE LASERLITE CM-15, TOOK CARE OF THAT PROBLEM FOR ME, SHOOT FROM YOUR HIP.

Back