• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Waterfowl with feed problem

KurtThomas

Copper BB
Hello all, newbie here.

Got my first Mossberg semi 930. It is mossberg item 85128. 12 gauge, 28" barrell with black synthetic stock.

Like the gun, here's the problem. If I load two rounds into the mag,(using 2 3/4" shells) no problem. Fires both rounds without issue. If I load more than two, when I chamber the first round the mag follower pushes the next round into the loading port but also pushes the round after that past the shell stop and partially into the port. Because it then blocks the elevator from moving the round into the chamber the gun is jammed. I have to actually reach in and push the second shell back towards the mag in order to free the elevator. This occurs before I even fire. So it is not an ejection problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

SHOOTER13 said:
Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum KurtThomas !!
+1

While I know little about the 930, have you considered taking it apart, cleaning it and looking for any loose screws, etc?

Thank you shooter13!

Kodiak, I have taken apart, cleaned and oiled everything except the trigger housing assembly. It seems to me that maybe the mag spring has too much tension or the shell stop does not have enough tension. I can't find anyone else who has had this particular problem.

Back