• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

9mm ammo

I switched to HST in .45, .40 and 9mm based on this guys videos. The .380 did not fair so well and I am still using critical defense at this time. For practice ammo I don't think I could afford to shoot very much if I did not cast and reload. I have 9mm down to $38.40 per thousand. .45 runs me $49.10 per thousand and .40 S&W is $45.53 per thousand. These numbers are probably a few cents high because I am allowing $2.00 per thousand for powder coating but I an not using anywhere near that.

I love shooting powder coated cast bullets that I made. Good for you !!!!!

Yeah, Powder coating has made shooting my magnum pistols leaps and bounds more economical to shoot. No more alloying for hardness, no more buying linotype. Now it is straight wheel weights and powdercoat. Full power loads with H110, N110 or 296 with no leading! It is truly a thing of beauty.

Fellows,ive really enjoyed looking at all the amo you use,some really good stuff.
I have two 9mm sigs, 228 and 226,i really like thu blazer 115 gr fmj for pratice,bout $10.00 box of 25.
But for other purpose, I like the COR-BON, 115 gr plus p jhp, 1,358 fps. really great knock down.
But I stack load, with Remington 9mm luger +p, 115 gr jhp. it will go thru a car door, where thu cor bon wont.
So a cor bon comes out first, then a Remington, 8 of each one.

Then for my s&w model 1006, 10 mm, I have one clip of Winchester,silver tip 175 gr hp.
Also one clip of 10 mm, automatic 200 gr full metal case.

IM FOR SURE LEARNING UH LOT FROM YOU FELLOWS,THANKS
RAMBO

Ghmann, thanks for your reply,They for sure have some wicked looking ammo.
Yes im gona try some. The Remington 200 gr full metal case at 25 yrds will blow a cinder block, in a dozen pcs.
That's the part I really liked. Any similar experance with the underwood ??

I haven't had the opportunity to shoot cinder blocks and other fun stuff with the Underwood ammo. I'm sure it would be equally destructive, with over 700 ft lbs. of muzzle energy.

I bought 200 rounds of new Perfecta .357 & 9mm at walmart and shot them off at the pistol range last night.

This is some very nice ammo at any price, and the price was right.

It wasn't quite as clean as the HPR ammo, but it shot well and was 1/3 the price.

So far I've shot 6 brands of 9mm in the Springfield XDs pistol an it all ran well.

The Perfectas patterned well for me, so I'll be shopping for more.

Back