• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A good time Sluggin' at the range today (Review)

So I took my teenage son out to the range and after a few (300+) rounds of 22LR we decide to try the slugs I had bought a few months ago in the mossberg.
The ammo:
- 15 rounds of Winchester 15-Round Value-Pack Slugs Super-X 12
- 5 rounds of Winchester WINLITE Rifled Slugs
- 5 round of Federal® Truball™ Rifled Slugs

The Gun: 500 mossberg with twin bead 28" ported barrel with Improved Cylinder choke.
The Target: paper @ 25 yards

The Results: Fun, fun, fun!

Each were quite accurate after we got used to the kick and the sight pattern back bead dead center with front bead .
Best of the 3 was the Federal. Lowest recoil and best accuracy, although the full Super-X Winchester was very accurate after we figured out the bead sight picture (a little different than the skeet pattern).
All fed well and from the bench was pretty much point of aim/hit.

Great father son time.

g-man

Federals rock, huh? Sounds like a blast, have the same 500. What .22 do you have or were shooting with? I'm in the market for a .22lr.

images

Nice. Thanx for the detailed report. It rocks. Heh heh heh.

Def sounds like a good time! I thoroughly enjoy the times my daughter and I spend together shooting!

Thanks for the report, good info G-man!!!

walpoler said:
Federals rock, huh? Sounds like a blast, have the same 500. What .22 do you have or were shooting with? I'm in the market for a .22lr.

S&W M&P15-22 AR style rifle. Love it.

l8r
G

Back