• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A price question?

I was wondering why 223. Has hiked in price ......at academy in texas .the cheap crap was like 5.99 for 20 ...same bullets now close to 10.00 ? Some guy told me when presidents change that bullet prices rise for security? Any opions

All domestic ammo went up recently and I don’t think it had anything to do with presidents but because we haven’t done that in a while .Materials that go into manufacturing shells and shipping them around have gotten more and more expensive for manufactures…..import ammo has stayed the same where I shop.

I too have been shopping around recently and noticed ammo prices are up.

Only stuff I'm lookin for is .45 ACP target ammo, .410 target and 00 buck, and of course 12 ga. primarily Fed FC wad low recoil 00 buck.

I happened upon the Fed FC stuff in the PD132 the other day and found it at almost $9 for a box of 5!!! :eek: The .410 stuff for my daughter is like $13 for 15 rounds of the 00. I had been getting .45 ACP for $34 - $35 for 100, now more like $40 +++!

Yes, everything has gone up and I would def link a large part of it to politics, but not a presidential election in this case. Right now the debt ceiling is nearly reached, and we're told if an agreement cant be made, the US will default on loans and bonds, social security and military pay and pensions, the stock market will crash and catastrophy will ensue. People are scared I think and look to their firearms as a hedge against evil and corrupt government. Supply and demand.

Government which governs least, governs best.

When folks get comfortable again, after the end of the world isnt realized, ammo prices will comeback down again some.

Moral of the story, stay supplied and stocked up, kinda like bottled water and non perishable food items such as canned goods, and of course, first aid supplies. Ammo goes in the same bag! ;)

Back