• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Adding a sling

I'd like to add a 2-point sling to my 590 setup. So today I went to my LGS and bought a couple of swivels. I've installed one on the stock. How does the 2nd swivel attach? The LGS guy said the shotty should have something to put in the magazine cap for the swivel to attach to. Either I didn't get it or (most probably) I've lost it.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OFM will usually put the swivel stud in a small yellow envelope in the box.

If you didnt have one, I'm told you can contact OFM customer service and tell them it wasnt in the box and supposedly theyll ship it free, or in some cases it may cost a few bucks? I dont know for certain.

Eitherway, if you didnt get one or lost what you had, you can get one from OFM.

The stud can instal in either the magazine cap or on the bayonet lug.

Personally, I went a clamp from CDM Gear (the MT clamp) that mounts to the magazine tube and included a 1 1/4" heavy duty push button swivel.

Reason being, the factory sling stud wouldnt fully tighten and be lined up right, it was always like a 1/4 turn to far or not enough. It totally messed with my head and was too much for me to get past, but in retrospect, I could have used a small O ring over the threads and tightened the stud down against that.

I can't find the MT clip. A Google search found lots of websites selling CDM gear but no MT clamp but lots of MT variants. The MTR may be what I need.

It looks like if I use the cap mount the sling will block the light.

Dang, looks like he isnt making the MT anymore...

The MTR should work just fine I think. I dont see the sling bein an issue if you ever wanna go with a light.

Darnit man... heres CDM's site;
http://www.cdmgear.com/default.html

Check in with CDM and ask if he still makes them or what he recommends. Scott wont steer you wrong and can also let you know where you can order from. Tell Scott Brad Rossignol sent you!

Yeah man, I'll try and get to it this week, but dont be afraid to remind me!!! I'm way forgetful these days!

Back