• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Addressing low light and no light conditions

I'm looking forward to hearing your report after you get some night shooting in.

I know that I like the meprolight bead that I have.

Except that it glows on the front and back, so I hit it with a black sharpie.

I also found an awesome aluminum offset light mount on amazon I got in the mail today. For a total of less than $7 shipped, I couldn't be happier with it. It is a lot more comfortable hitting the pressure switch on my light than the old CAA mount I had. I'm thinking about ordering a couple more just to have for future use at this price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZY ... 06_s00_i00

I've never been so thankful that I properly outfitted my shotgun until the lights went out during sandy.

So far my family is safe. Power is slowly being restored. Hopefully the power returns quickly. Tempers are starting to rise from limited gasoline sources and other provisions. Looting so far is minor but becoming a small problem to those with generators and unguarded stores and evacuated homes.

I am fortunate to be effected mildly. Not the case with others here in NY.

Yes Sir, thanks for letting us know!

Good luck getting things back up to speed and we sure hope the idiots up there stay outta your way...

Yep its official. Gas is basically non-existent in my area and basically the rest of Long Island. Now the fun begins. People will soon go full retard.... Never go full retard.

Water Monkey said:
Yep its official. Gas is basically non-existent in my area and basically the rest of Long Island. Now the fun begins. People will soon go full retard.... Never go full retard.

I am sorry, and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but I've watched several interviews in the last few days, and it seems that many people in major metro area's have never been inconvienced from utilities for very long periods of time and it just strikes me as odd how some of them act.

I am genuinely sorry for those that have lost their homes, their possessions and even some families that have lost loved ones. I am not trying to make light of any of that.

But it amazes me how spoiled some people act like they just don't know how they can go on living without their electricity.

Honestly, it is a big inconvienence to do without power. I understand that. But it's not the end of the world, and they're going to fix it. Relax and take a deep breath.

Watermonkey, I am glad that you and your family are OK. And I'm glad you're prepared better than some I have seen on TV.

John A. said:
Water Monkey said:

I am sorry, and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but I've watched several interviews in the last few days, and it seems that many people in major metro area's have never been inconvienced from utilities for very long periods of time and it just strikes me as odd how some of them act.

I am genuinely sorry for those that have lost their homes, their possessions and even some families that have lost loved ones. I am not trying to make light of any of that.

But it amazes me how spoiled some people act like they just don't know how they can go on living without their electricity.

Honestly, it is a big inconvienence to do without power. I understand that. But it's not the end of the world, and they're going to fix it. Relax and take a deep breath.

Watermonkey, I am glad that you and your family are OK. And I'm glad you're prepared better than some I have seen on TV.

No you are absolutely right John. You should hear how many people are complaining. But in this age of entitlement if most dont get what they think they deserve they are willing to cheat, steal and hurt others to get it.

Fist fights are starting at the pumps. 7-11 started running out of cups and people started to freak out. Seriously.

After 2 days without electricity people FREAK around here. One of my hobbies is hiking. I hike for days and weeks at a time and know how mother earth really can be. I learn to deal, adapt, overcome.

Tension is building. Looting will become more prevalent in neighborhoods without lights. I'm waiting for the gun shots out of desperation. I've heard of a couple of close incidents.

Top it all off. Its ONLY 3 days after Sandy hit. If this place ever took a direct hit like NJ did, I'm thinking I'd need to shoot my way out.

...hence the popular "zombie" allegory.

I'm not one to use that term often, but when things like this happen it's easy to understand the symbolism behind it and how it relates to the real world. Folks go without their comforts for a few days and they're already turning on one another, "feeding" off of others to get what they need. I've seen it first hand and it can get ugly in a hurry. It doesn't take much of a push to flip the switch in the human brain from civilized to animal instinct...

A little update. Took the new set up out and put 135 rounds. Most of which was birdshot.

So far the tritium still glows, bead stayed on, and the forend held up without issue.

Back