• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any experience with Rio target?

bellofello

.270 WIN
Does anyone have any experience with rio 2 3/4" top trap target loads?
How is the hull quality for reloading purposes? A friend that I shoot with picks up the spent shells and reloads them for when we head out skeet shooting.

He was telling me that the Winchester AA target load hulls were great to work with and of a high quality. Curious how these rio's would compare...

Also, does this seem like a decent price for a case(10 boxes of 25)?
http://www.oneshottactical.com/Merchant ... _Code=AMMO
The AA'a were on sale for $73.99 (I'll double check that when I go home tonight)

Wow! Rio Target going for $8 a box is really kinda steep in my estimation. That's up there in the stratosphere.

Rio hulls are good for about three or four reloads before the splits cause you to call it splitsville. :)

I have used Rio 20-ga high-brass #6 with "Okay" success when hunting rabbit and pheasant. And I've shot trap with RIO low brass #8s which didn't perform nearly as well as Remington green hull. I think the RIO shot pattern and the quality of shot is inferior to Remington STS/Premier or Rem Express which costs about the same @ around $8/box.

So I would give my somewhat inexperienced (when it comes to RIO) nod of approval to any other line of their shotgun ammunition if you want "standard" but not exceptional results.

What I said doesn't take into consideration the US/Canadian Dollar conversion. I would not pay more than $5/box for RIO target loads and that is absolutely my top-line limit. I would be closer to paying four bux if I wanted a truly great buy. RIO target is like buying Federal 100-ct bulk target for $19.95 on sale

Winchester AA hulls aren't nearly as good as Remington, but the shot cloud that AAs deliver out of the muzzle are a damn sight better than RIO that are priced similarly.

Hmmm, yea US vs Canadian ammo pricing is pretty different. AA's usually go for 90 bucks a case.

The dollar value is fairly close though.

I will look in to finding a case of remingtons or waiting till the AA's go on sale again.

Thanks for the input!

Back