• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone have experience/input on the Nebo Redline Flashlight?

GStam66

.22LR
Just as the topic says, this is the flashlight I might be going with (250 lumen model i believe). Other than the battery life being shorter than average, reviews state it's pretty sturdy and bright enough. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with it.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone have experience/input on the Nebo Redline Flashli

I can't say I have ever herd of Nebo but are you planning on mounting this to your shotgun?

Yes I am. The ATI Talon forend has 2 picatinny rails right on it, and I was planning on mounting the light to one of them.

As a flashlight it is nice that it uses common batteries and the runtime isn't bad at all.

The switch feels, well, like an inexpensive part. The lens is very prone to scratches. I wouldn't trust that it is moisture-proof or sealed against the elements.

It is never intended to survive weapon recoil as a mounted light.

The one I am somewhat familiar with (a friend/co-worker owns one) has held up well as a hand held light without having been in extreme environments.

Overall, I'd say it is a fine light although not exactly very rugged.

I keep this one on my HD shotgun. I have not range tested it yet. Its a great light though in itself.

CEB4B402-C738-4A64-80C3-4AF67858D046-5661-000004EF188DCFD9.jpg

0130E49D-E191-4341-A918-A2DF908A3D5A-5661-000004EF19D1E688.jpg

A52BD153-3335-4BB3-97C1-416D6AC26812-5661-000004EF1A513098.jpg

Yeah, that looks like one of the Nebo models I was checking out. The reviews say its pretty sturdy, just the battery life leaves a bit to be desired. I can grab one of the lights for 40 or so, then the mount for maybe 10.

I have no personal experience with that particular light. I have had bad experiences using non-weapon lights on a gun as they usually cannot withstand repeated recoil.

I am very curious to hear your review on this after trying it out.

UPDATE: I received the Nebo 5620, and I'm pretty happy with the performance so far. I also received the clamp that will mount to the picatinny rail on the forend. When mounted, the light WOULD BE in the perfect position to hit it with your thumb... I say "would be" because the light doesn't fit in the clamp. :x

I was hoping I could finagle it, since the Nebo says it's 1" across, and the clamp says it fits a 1" light, but I can't clamp it shut unless I have longer screws. They basically need to be about twice as long, for the light to fit in there and be held securely. I don't want to use Nebo's "Universal" clamp mount, because of it's poor positioning, so before returning the clamp I may hit up the local Home Depot to see if they have some longer screws that would work.

I'll keep you posted.

I would avoid Nebo made anything.

I bought one of their flashlights on an impulse (was impressed with how bright it was) without doing any research, and I regret it.

It worked great for about 3 weeks, (moderate around the home use) then it started to go dim, very dim.

I changed the batteries to no avail, so I smacked it in the palm of my hand and it went out permanently.

If a sharp tap in the palm of my hand was enough to damage it, there's no way I would ever consider mounting it on any firearm, let alone a 12ga.

Afterwards, I researched reviews online, and there's 20+ reviews that started out as 5-star but were updated down to a 1-star because of the same issue.

I emailed Nebo, they got back to me and said to send it in and they'll replace it, but I have to pay shipping. . .

I am just mildly curious about why NEBO would put a strike bezel on a pistol-mounted light?

Put another dollar into fully-potted electronics and skip the glitter.

But that's just me.....

I am a self-admitted flashlight snob. Not full-geek but it's bad enough that my wife cant stand the mention of flashlights.

I haven't shot the gun yet with the flashlight on it. I did smack it against my hand a couple times and didn't notice any flickering. I'm still trying to find some screws that will work with the light. Valu and Home Depot both turned up with nothing that would fit in the recessed holes. :/ I find it hard to believe that these screws don't exist in a longer length. I've scoured multiple websites as well, and apparently a m4 hex screw with a 5mm head diameter is nowhere to be found.

nitesite said:
I am just mildly curious about why NEBO would put a strike bezel on a pistol-mounted light?

Put another dollar into fully-potted electronics and skip the glitter.

But that's just me.....

I am a self-admitted flashlight snob. Not full-geek but it's bad enough that my wife cant stand the mention of flashlights.

Because pistol-whipping is fun! :twisted:

nitesite said:
I am a self-admitted flashlight snob.

Not to hijack the thread, but could you mention me a few that are worthwhile?

250+ lumens
$40 to $60
Weapon-light capable ?

I have one of the Nebo Redline lights that I purchased to use on one of my 500's. Mine is a 220 Lumens model. I am not sure which one you have but someone said that it uses "common batteries". Mine uses 3-AAA batteries (real common). I have a couple of lights that use 3-AAA batteries. The problem is that because the batteries are held in a holder in a triangle configuration they are slightly (barely) wider than standard weapon mounts (close but no cigar). Most weapon mounts specify a max of 1 inch. I have a a number that won't work with the "AAA" lights. You could probably shave a little bit off the mounts with a Dremel if you were so inclined. It looks like the lights that take the CR123A batteries are a better bet. There are also a few that use AA batteries that might work. Just something I put on the back shelf for now while I am doing more research (web).

Back