• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone here enjoy owning axes or hatchets?

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
I admit that I do.

And some machete and parang and bolo blades too. I don't like kukuris at all.

What you got, guys?

Last edited:
I don't have anything fancy but I really just want an Estwing hatchet. They make a few kinds, nothing expensive and I don't know why I don't have one yet.

They were on "how it's made".

I have one of their double bit axes. It's really well worth the $45 or so I gave for it.

http://www.estwing.com/ao_black_eagle_double_bit_axe_black.php

Also have a sog "tac". Though my youngest son has it on his pack.

I have a "Sheffield England" machete. My Grandmother gave it to me when I was in about the 4th grade I guess. I've beat it half to death chopping things and it still won't give up the ghost.

I am always looking at the listings on ebay, but I have yet to actually pull the trigger. I like the idea of survival hatchets with the other features like openers, etc. Just wish they would lose the mall ninja vibe. :( Take care. Tom Worthington

Yeah, there is a lot of that these days.

Once upon a time, everything was "Tactical" craze (I really hate using that word most of the time, and it's pretty rare to hear the word come out of my mouth...EVER).

Then it was the zombie stupidity. And gasp, the green and red colors. EEk. Don't even get me started on that. It will only go down hill from there.

I've got a Marbles camp axe, a CRKT woods chogan tomahawk, a Cold Steel kukhri machete, and a couple other machetes. A Gransfors Bruks small camp axe is on my wish list.

hawkwrap.jpg

I have one ordinary True Temper root-axe from the seventies for gardening; and I have this Tactical tomahawk I purchased last year from the Tractor Supply Co for $20, and covered with $30 worth of guaranteed anti-zombie paracord.

:jester:

I also had a nice 1950's 3 quarter Craftsman single bit axe and a True Temper hatchet from the sixties, but somehow in my father's passing & the sale of his house, these things were lost. :(

I also had a nice 1950's 3 quarter Craftsman single bit axe and a True Temper hatchet from the sixties, but somehow in my father's passing & the sale of his house, these things were lost. :(

How sad. Axe Steel from the 1920s thru the 1960s was the best axe steel ever made.

Well there was a lot of sentimental value too. Dad and I used to take those camping every time. We did a lot of camping when I was a kid.

Back