• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone know where I can get a mossberg 500 18.5" barrel?

MossyJ

.22LR
I'm frantically looking for a 18.5" mossberg 500 "standoff" barrel in matte blue (90017), as a gift for my cousin. Everywhere I look, they are sold out, back ordered, not available, or available for back ordering with expected availability date in mid June!!! I had found one on arms list that was lightly used, but the seller doesn't feel comfortable shipping it even though that's not an issue here. I've ordered plenty of mossberg rolling thunder parts, and beretta a400 xplor unico parts and accessories. I'm interested in brand new, or even used if its in decent condition. I know he wants one, and his birthday is next week, so any help would be kick ass!!! Thanks in advance fellas!!

J

MossyJ said:
I'm frantically looking for a 18.5" mossberg 500 "standoff" barrel in matte blue (90017), as a gift for my cousin. Everywhere I look, they are sold out, back ordered, not available, or available for back ordering with expected availability date in mid June!!! I had found one on arms list that was lightly used, but the seller doesn't feel comfortable shipping it even though that's not an issue here. I've ordered plenty of mossberg rolling thunder parts, and beretta a400 xplor unico parts and accessories. I'm interested in brand new, or even used if its in decent condition. I know he wants one, and his birthday is next week, so any help would be kick ass!!! Thanks in advance fellas!!

J

give Vang Comp a call. they had a bunch of used barrels for sale.
also
http://www.corsonsbarrels.com/

Your best bet for the breacher is to call Mossberg Sales and order directly from them...

(800) 363-3555

You want the matte blue specifically right? Would the regular blued be a consideration? There was a local gun shop not too long ago that had one but I'm almost 99 percent sure it was the blued version and not the matte one. I believe that model # ends in 18 if I'm not mistaken.

The shop is not far from my job and only slightly out of the way home. I'll try and remember to pop in there after work tomorrow. I've been looking for an excuse to have a reason to stop in there anyhow. If it winds up being the one that ends in 17 matte blue I'll let you know right away.

Yep, 90017 is matte blued, and 90018 is standard blued.
Thanks so jgwills! I have a feeling the standard blued is just going to throw off the whole look of the gun, since everything else, including and especially the receiver, is matte. If it is the 90017 they have at your local shop, I can for sure make it worth your wild to get it to me. I've been known to be very generous to those who go out of their way for me.
I called mossberg and they weren't much help.
Old mossy, thank you very much! I will look into those sites ASAP. You guys rock!

Something came up for this afternoon at work so it was looking slim I was gonna get off in time to head over there. So I gave em a call just now on my lunch break instead. Unfortunately they sold that one I had seen and I was right. It was the standard blued one.

Sorry sir. I was hoping for ya. The gunshop guy said recently when they were trying to restock the store those were still out of stock at the distributor and that the matte/parked ones go way faster than the standard blued ones when they do get em.

Keep searching. There is bound to be someone out there with one.

Re: Anyone know where I can get a mossberg 500 18.5" barrel?

There is one on eBay right now new in packaging. Look up mossberg 90015. They have been higher than retail lately going for $140+

Hmm that's a different part number than your looking for. Wonder what the difference is?

Re: Anyone know where I can get a mossberg 500 18.5

NYmossyMike said:
Hmm that's a different part number than your looking for. Wonder what the difference is?

blued finish on the 90015 non breacher.

old mossy said:
NYmossyMike said:

blued finish on the 90015 non breacher.
I get the blued finish but what does non breacher mean. No choke?

breacher barrel for taking out doors,,,,

non breacher is regular barrel.

Attachments

• 90017 standoff.jpg
    90017 standoff.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 141
Back