• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone still shooting the MC1?

Freemind

Copper BB
Well...I purchased the MC1 on day one and just wanted to give an update regarding this pistol. Maybe it's just me, but I don't notice a lot of attention going forth to this wonderful gem.

Within the first 100 rounds, I observed the slide would hesitate to return to battery every once and while. To my observation, it appears the stock extractor spring was a bit too stiff. Trying the easy things first, I spent a good 30min manually moving the extractor over and over to break in the spring. I have since fired exactly 2K rounds without any issues so I consider that problem resolved. Thank you for that!, as I would have dreaded hand fitting and sanding extractor springs...

I have yielded good results with accuracy for it's size. At 25 feet it's easy to landing groups within 6 inches firing a fast pace. I will note, just like all the other lightweight single stacks, it's a snappy as every.

Other than the return to battery issue, everything else operates exactly as advertised. The flat face trigger feels nice and doesn't bite the finger, and the trigger break is very clean. One of the most notable features is the slide serrations. It bites very hard when needed yet it's smooth when it's not wanted. Overall, it's wonderful addition to my collection.

Oh and yes, Glock mags work just fine.

I have long said that this is a good solid pistol that seems to get lost in a sea of striker fired plastic guns.
Since it is so Glock-like, I took mine apart and did the "25 cent" trigger job.
The trigger is very smooth and the gun shoots great.

Glad to see some life here.
I might have to try some G43 parts sometime, I have both.
Just had a vision of putting the Glock slide on the Mossberg with no way to get it off!

Just pulled my MC1sc out of the safe, haven't shot it in a while
Never had a problem with the plastic mags, but they worry me.
I took the mag extension off one of the MC1sc mags and it fit perfectly on the G43 mag.
I feel better now.

Back