• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone watch new Mountain Men series?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Just curious if anyone else watched History Channels new series called Mountain Man?

I did and being born and raised in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains, a lot of it struck really close to home

I also liked the opening title sequence.

Man is not at the top of the food chain in the mountains

To survive, he must do what is necessary

I saw it and I like it a lot. It reminds me of being up at my place in upper MI. Sometimes I wish I had a place as remote as the Alaskan guy.

I kind of chucked when the Alaskan guy said it was 10 below but appearded to be wearing what I would wear when it was 50 above. Not that I think he is lying, just that he is so acclimated to the temps there. I've seen the same thing in the UP where its below zero and the local guys are just wearing a heavy flannel shirt.

Overall I like it and will be looking forward to future episodes.

I lived in the interior of Alaska for 3 years and i can remember grillin outside in the winter negative 30 in shorts and a tshirt.

I guess I related more to the two gentlemen in the lower 48 states the most.

I strongly dislike temps well below 20 degree's Farenheit, although I have worked outside in it for extended periods of time much colder than that. Had my pants freeze solid from my knee's down from hiking in the snow, etc etc etc

I just feel I would have more in common with either Tom or Eustace, although I deeply respect all 3 of them.

Oli700, from knowing what little I do about your background and upraising, I think you'd feel right at home when you watch it.

If you want to catch it earlier than sunday, you can watch it on history's website:
http://www.history.com/shows/mountain-m ... -is-coming

John A. said:
Oli700, from knowing what little I do about your background and upraising, I think you'd feel right at home when you watch it.

You know me brother. I am convinced our paths have crossed in another life :lol: We have lots in common no doubt...we just stare at different kinds of trees thats probably the biggest difference between you and I.

I started it but the old lady wanted to talk to me so you now how that goes but I DVR it so I'm going to finish it tonight but John your right about the opening title sequence that was cool.

anyone seen s movie called, "alone in the wilderness"?
about a guy named dick proneness who retired in his 50s, built a cabin in Alaska by himself and lived there into his 80s.

Ttutt said:
anyone seen s movie called, "alone in the wilderness"?
about a guy named dick proneness who retired in his 50s, built a cabin in Alaska by himself and lived there into his 80s.

I believe I have seen a lot of the video's of that. Including him building his log cabin near a lake.

If we're talking about the same gentlemen.

oli700 said:
You know me brother. I am convinced our paths have crossed in another life :lol: We have lots in common no doubt...we just stare at different kinds of trees thats probably the biggest difference between you and I.

From what we have talked about before, we have very very similiar upbringings.

I wouldn't trade it for anything. Matter of fact, I'm greatful to God for it.

I love that show. i watch it on my dvr when i have time after the wife goes to sleep.
I love the wolf at the begining...he looks like he's had some good filling meals....

Tom doesn't strike me as being self sufficient. I like what Eustace is doing. His little clan works like mules...hard workers. That's the community spirit I like, if I had to be a part of one....that'd be the one.

five821 said:
I started it but the old lady wanted to talk to me so you now how that goes .
Boy do I. I got me a talker...on top of that my Mom was over last night.....I would die for those two women but damn I want to drive dowels into my ears with a sledge......I went to bed eventually and fell asleep to the constant drone of female voices. Don’t know what I would do without them though :lol:

I use a fan a white noise filter. I keep on all the time...

John A. said:

Watched it, it was cool. I can relate to all of them. Now I am spoiled but I did spend my 9th and 10th birthday in a tent in the Cascades......and then it was a fifth wheel for a couple more years and finally a mobile home with electricity. I found a woman, had a kid and we live in a cabin in the Cascades, I was 19....at least that place had propane lights. Lots of work living plus holing down a fire job. In the winter I had no job usually and just killed food and cut firewood.......now I live in the suburbs but would and could survive if I had to.

The guy from Appellations is the one I can relate to the most......"My job is living"...."it’s a full time job living"……his little buddy needs to chill out a little though. Facing hardships with some budy bitching and moaning the entire time would get old quick for me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

One of my favorite songs, from one of my favorite bands in the whole world.

I have purchased nearly every album they've made including fairly rare box sets that had a lot of demo's (including the Freebird demo).

I also have the street survivors recalled FIRE album and cover and inserts :cool:

SKYNYRD ROCKS !!!!

1203203580852-596412521.jpeg

Back