• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR 15 , 4 powders, 6 projectiles,3 primers 19 loads testing

Gotta have one of these little dohickeys...
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...basic-set-with-6-inserts?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Be able to use one measurement for different style bullets, and in theory they will all be the same distance off of the lands, regardless of point design. Not to mention that the meplat on a lot of my blem bullets is terribly inconsisent, and the tips of a lot of the soft points arent always the same. Basically you would be measuring all rounds from cartridge base to the spot on the projectile that first contacts the lands. and as long as COL is within mag length they can be loaded and fired no problem.

I know I know, i'm probably getting way ahead of myself. Going beyond battle accurate and splitting hairs, cant help it though just the way my brain works sometimes.

I did stop at the local gun place this morning, hoping to see some 3031 on the shelf. No Luck, but did walk out with one of these

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/81...harge-powder-scale-and-dispenser-110-220-volt

Gotta have one of these little dohickeys...
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...basic-set-with-6-inserts?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Be able to use one measurement for different style bullets, and in theory they will all be the same distance off of the lands, regardless of point design. Not to mention that the meplat on a lot of my blem bullets is terribly inconsisent, and the tips of a lot of the soft points arent always the same. Basically you would be measuring all rounds from cartridge base to the spot on the projectile that first contacts the lands. and as long as COL is within mag length they can be loaded and fired no problem.

I know I know, i'm probably getting way ahead of myself. Going beyond battle accurate and splitting hairs, cant help it though just the way my brain works sometimes.

I did stop at the local gun place this morning, hoping to see some 3031 on the shelf. No Luck, but did walk out with one of these

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/81...harge-powder-scale-and-dispenser-110-220-volt

ok, I see how that would give a much more consistent OAL because , for 223, it seems everything but FMJ has inconsistent tip....meplat , even the most of the match bullets.....bothered me till I learned its all about the tail

as far as I know for my chamber ,556, if I actually got one long enough to touch the lands it would be way too long to fit in a mag.

for everything else I do a dummy up with a slit in the case so the bullet can slide, push it in , take it out , measure and knock a couple thousands off then go from there.

some of my firearms dont like being close to the lands as it pertains to accuracy

my CZ does best with no jump

although I havent made over mag length for the AR yet, it seems to do better in the 2.20, 2.30 , on the short side......cant really try the 77s as they are so long I'm afraid to seat too deep because they are pretty hot as it is

BADASS scale.....I considered one or one like it but didnt because they are bank for one and I hear pretty slow for bulk reloading. I did pick up that Lyman scale and its been some of the best reloading money I have spent.....hope it works out for you, please keep me updated on it

one MOA and one almost....I'll work with these two powders ......both were 25 gr so I will go up and down .3 gr and break out some sand bags but I would be happy if they stayed where they were.....108 yards on the laser finder

Pretty damn good for a pistol if ya ask me.
I wish ....sorry bro, rifle

18" Stainless 1:8, bi pod no rear bag from a bench
1-6x ACSS
Geissele SD-E
100 yards
70 degrees
overcast
52gr SMK
25gr AR Comp 25gr H335
2.250"
1.750" trim
CCI 400

the Comp was pushing them out 3030fps
the 355 was 2978fps

Ahhhhh hell, been following all your pistol stuff, didnt realise this was a rifle load. Ive not worked with anything under 55 for the .223, My .22-250 likes 45 grain projectiles though. Still a good group for a NATO chambered rifle.

Back