• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR 15 , 4 powders, 6 projectiles,3 primers 19 loads testing

I love those Custom Competitions, oli700. Great bullets.
my rifle prefers them, although I am hard pressed to see the difference between them and Sierra ......other than Nosler is made on Oregon, that's probably why lol

Keep it up man.... I'm still working on 400, won't have much more time before fields are planted and I'll lose my range for the summer.
Gonna start sorting bullets by base to ogive along with weight matching?

Gonna start sorting bullets by base to ogive along with weight matching?
god no dude, I just did that 50 because........then I realized I am shooting these through a Frankenstein AR with a Milspec trigger and a 1-6x scope lol.
I bet theses shoot better than my rifle can produce and I don't have or know anyone with a worthy platform.......all those bench shooters are shooting 6mm BR, 6mm XC and all those freak 1" group at 600 yard guns

do you even shoot bro ?

apparently you haven't shot with serious bench shooters. Last time I was there I sat with a 64yo old woman missing fingers on here left hand. She proceeded to shoot a 20/20 x rings. They called back a 1 inch group after the 20 individual shots

She said she was shooting well as ever, showed me pictures of a series of 1 inch square tape in x rings........under the tape is a hole that 20 shots flew threw.

She actually was the person who originally got me out there as we started BSing at a shop looking for powder

just to make sure I'm not seeing prodigy shit I just googled and there are even guys shooting 6" groups with irons

Man, it's all good.

I was kinda wondering about claimed 1" @ 600 yards but if you say it happens I'm cool with that.

.....all those bench shooters are shooting 6mm BR, 6mm XC and all those freak 1" group at 600 yard guns

Did you intend to say 1-MOA @ 600 buddy???

I love busting your chops every now and then, Bill......

Gonna have to get ya big ol box of wind flags, a bullet comparator, front rest, rear bag, 2300 dollar magnetic variance scale, the good whidden dies, concentricity gauge, Meplat trimmer. ....... get serious about that 600 yard game bro!!!!!! lol All joking aside to do lurk here http://www.accurateshooter.com/ a lot. Some good deals on components and Projo's in the classifieds. I start reading the technical stuff and my head spins.

thats the cool part, I can totally read wind without all that crap from 25 years of forest fires ....I can tell you wind speed and direction by watching the grass if I have to

see that web sight is what its like talking to those guys and lady at the 600 yard range.....so technical , so much crap but you know what if you want an inch at 600......I can see it

AND that is why they made such a big deal about me hitting that target with every shot

the more they asked about my gun and scope and ammo the more they became a "fan" lol

The awesome old lady's gun......wow man. After she inspected my AR....by getting behind it, she took me to her truck. In the back of that truck was an aluminum box with fold ups and pull outs custom made for packing her rifle to the range

She pulls out the bottom and there is a rifle like I have never seen. The barrel was 29", and I would guess an 1 1/2" in diameter. The stock was wood, and the forend was giant, had a big block like chunk of dovetailed aluminum that wedges into this fixture that has wheels for adjustment.
the rifle by itself weiged in at some 26 lbs....the trigger is measured on OUNCES

atop the rifle sat a Nightforce scope that makes you feel like what an eagle must feel like. This thing was 15-55x......55 effing power man.

she pulls out a box of reloads again , the likes I never seen before......stamp said 6XC......I got another education but if people want they can read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_mm_XC

Last edited:
Those F-Class shooters have some gear don't they?

The serious shooters at our range are like her, some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Always willing to talk and almost always offer to let me sit behind their rifle and send a couple. It's a great experience being around folks like that.

Reading wind without all the gadgets is a lost art and one I've yet to master. Good stuff bro. I can see where that'd be a valuable skill in your line of work. Could mean the difference between life and death and getting your crew home safe...

Those F-Class shooters have some gear don't they?

The serious shooters at our range are like her, some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Always willing to talk and almost always offer to let me sit behind their rifle and send a couple. It's a great experience being around folks like that.
I agree fully.
they were truly friendly and welcoming considering they look at an AR like I look at a High P.....

at one point I looked back to talk to Denise ,because she was hanging out with me and spotting, three of those guys were standing at the base of my feet with binoculars

it was the weirdest thing but fun and cool at the same time.

To me it felt like people watching someone walk for the first time

they said my rifle was extremely accurate, but not very precision lol.....makes since

they even had good things to say about my shooting ability if you can believe that

cant wait to tell them cops in Alabama don't believe people can shoot that good......but its understandable considering a 600 yard shot in Alabama, no matter how well placed, is likely to hit a target in a neighboring state or possibly drop in the ocean after 1000 yards

thats why its called Kentucky windage and not Alabama windage.....by the time the wind blows in Alabama its Georgia's problem

Trusty ole 3031, can't go wrong. i need to go back and revisit some loads with soft points. With what i've learned i no doubt could be getting better groups. Im really starting to understand why base to ogive measurement is superior to COAL.

I ran across an 8 pounder but I didnt get it.....starting to feel like a hoarder, although I dont have that much 3031. I have a few others, hopefully some one shoots it and doesnt hoard it

all my Hornady 55gr fmj are 2.30 and my SP are 2.20........Barnes 53 2.190 ....m193 2.260 heavier bullets all go 2.260 for me

I dont know if I know how to measure from the ogive to the base

Back