• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATR Serial #s

Joe W.

I am new here so forgive me if this has been covered.

I recently purchased a 100 ATR with the serial # BA252423.

Is there a way to figure out the year of manufacture from the number? I know that Marlin's numbers were coded that way....just don't know about Mossberg.

I e mailed them but who knows when/if they will get back to me.

Thanks,
Joe

Well....much to my surprise Mossberg got back to me very quickly on this. The rifle was manufactured in October of 2010. The reason I was wanting to find out was because I had heard of some bolt issues on some of the earlier models in '08 or so....if there were any real problems I am sure they were resolved prior to 10/10.

Rifle shoots well....even with the no-name scope it came with. 100 yds....1.25 in group or so with cheap Remington ammo.And I am sure that 3rd shot was my fault.

Attachments

• Target.jpg
    Target.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 684
Great to hear they got back to you with the requested info!

...nice shoot'n too Joe...

Hello all.
Can you post the Mossberg email address you got the answer to this from? I emailed Mossberg a couple of months ago with the same question and got no answer. Did anyone have an answer if the serial number indicates year of manufacture?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

My email was answered within 24 hours. My rifle was manufactured mid 08. I've now asked him if I have anything to worry about in regards to the online reports of bolts coming apart under load, it will be interesting to see the response if any.
Thanks again for the help Joe.

Back