• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Barrel length--choke use?

Yep I haven't seen any issues with 7/8. Most of the info I found was if the pay load is equal or less it should be ok

Okay, picked up the 20 inch barrel with accu-choke and a 28 inch barrel accu-choke that is set up for the 7 round mag tube. Now i have to trade or sell my 20 inch fixed cylinder bore, 26 ribbed barrel accu-choke and 14 1/2 mag tube assembly.

I can't wait to these in and take them out to the range.

still haven't ahd time to take the 28 inch accu-choke to to the range. I do like the idea of it fitting my 7 round mag tube. I called Mossberg to see if they had a 20 inch barrel with accu-choke that would fit the 7 round mag tube. No luck. oh well i am going to stick with the cylinder bore and accu-choke on the longer barrel. nice quick change setup. thanks for all who have helped.

still haven't ahd time to take the 28 inch accu-choke to to the range. I do like the idea of it fitting my 7 round mag tube. I called Mossberg to see if they had a 20 inch barrel with accu-choke that would fit the 7 round mag tube. No luck. oh well i am going to stick with the cylinder bore and accu-choke on the longer barrel. nice quick change setup. thanks for all who have helped.

There are several places around that will install choke tubes. Some will even install the Mossberg, RemChoke, etc. You can usually get it done for less than $100 (not including choke tubes)

Above is shot pattern from new 500 28" barrel modified accu-choke insert at 40 yards with steel #5 shot 3" 1 3/8 once winchester blind side:)

Back