• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bead or GRS on home defense shotty

Thanks for weighing in shooter. I just read a write-up you did on Shotgunworld (http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=231692) and you make a strong case for that XS sight. My question to you then is: how do you think it stacks up against the Meprolight Tru-Dot sight? They look pretty similar other than the big white circle, and the Meprolight appears to be even easier to install and about half the price.

The Mepro is a good sight as well.
I haven't run one but people I trust have and say it is a good sight.
The white outline is excellent and really stands out in bright daylight and compliments the tritium at night/low light.
You would do well with either one.

m24shooter said:
The Mepro is a good sight as well.
I haven't run one but people I trust have and say it is a good sight.
The white outline is excellent and really stands out in bright daylight and compliments the tritium at night/low light.
You would do well with either one.

Plus one for the Mepro. Mine is quite bright at night time and just used it in bright daylight Friday to bust a bunch of clays as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all the replies fellas. I've decided on the Meprolight, I'm ordering that and a Hogue 12" LOP stock, along with a Bulldog carrying case, from OpticsPlanet this week. I'll get some pictures up when I get them mounted, along with a range report shortly thereafter.

Back