• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

bedding a MVP varmint

Raygun

.22LR
Supporter
Has anyone on this forum bedded their Varmint ? and if so was , how was the accuracy afterwards. Just curious .

I haven't but then again I haven't seen the need for it. the MVP comes with a free floating barrel and will shoot MOA and below with the right ammo and shooter.

I knocked out a dime at 100 yards in 2 shots with my Predator. Damn thing is stupid accurate for what you spend.

Thank you for your prompt reply , i was just curious . I just zeroed my varmint on friday . Accuracy was awesome . i'm going back to the range this week to acclimate myself more with the rifle . I used Hornady 55grain varmint express . What ammo are you using ?

My barrel tends to love 50gr Fiocchi Vmax. I'm consistently shooting MOA and below. 55gr Hornady Vmax or Zmax (same damn thing) tends to shoot MOA to 1.5 MOA

I was using up the last of my Zmax ammo yesterday and shot out the dime in 2 shots at 100 yards. Surprised me too lol.

I bought a bunch of Freedom Munitions 55gr Vmax (cheaper by the bulk than the Hornady brand). It seems to be a bit better in my barrel than the stuff straight from Hornady. Consistently shoots MOA and I shot Sub MOA at 200 yards with it. I believe my 5 shot group was 1.7 inches at 200 yards. Planets were in alignment for me that day.

10/4 i'll try fiocchi vmax . i went to a indoor range on friday to sight in my MVP and i had an annoying guy in the booth next door going apeshit with a 308…totally annoying. i'll go this week , earlier when nobody is around . The funny thing is i have a self-made range on my property (i have 5 acres) but i can't get to it now because i'm on crutches . Kinda got spoiled shooting whenever i want and not having to deal with morons that can't follow rules .

Last edited:
Like Water Monkey said, I haven't needed to bed mine. Mine loves Sierra Game King 55 gr SBT bullets with 24.0 gr of IMR 8208 XBR, TulAmmo SRM primers and Federal cases. This load averages .6" at 100 yards with many groups under a half MOA. Not too bad for an out-of-the-box rifle! I have a DPMS AR15 M4, a Rock River Arms AR15 with a 20" stainless bull barrel and a Savage Model 11 Hog Hunter chambered in .223/5.56mm and none of them shoot as good as the MVP.

Back