• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bedding Synthetic Stocked Patriot

tmax.reid

.22LR
Anyone bedded their Patriot yet? I have the synthetic stock and want to bed it but the romovable magazine block is throwing me for a loop. At first I was thinking of permently fixing the magazine block to the stock with jb weld or gorilla glue and then bed the action from there but not sure if that is the best idea. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I am in the same position with my 7mm Rem Mag Partiot and was considering that course of action but was waiting on other info.

I've decided to just go with a Boyds stock for a little extra style lol. Gonna have to wait till father's day but that is the rout I'm going. Boyds provides a trigger guard but you'll need the mag block.

Something that I did do was fill the forend to just below the barrel channel with dev con to stiffin it up. Then in the but stock filled it with sylicon call in stages so it would completely dry and cure, then I capped it with about 1.5-2" od dev con to dampen the recoil a little. My .270 now kicks about like a .243.

I have been to Boyds' site many times and now and I am stuck, all products for all of my rifles look excellent and I am considering one for the Mossberg, pre 64 Winchester 30-30(1942), British Enfield No. 5 Mk1, 1943 Savage 99 in 300 Savage, 70's 742 Rem Woodmaster in 30-06, and even my old CBC 7022 now Mossberg Plinkster 702 I will be saving up for the next decade. Also thank you for the tips, do you have any pics of your finished factory stock?

Back