• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best 20ga Slug for smooth bore?

Crappiepro

.270 WIN
Whats your thought's on the best 20ga slug with a smooth bore barrel?
Im using Winchester 2 3/4" rifled slugs with a Improved choke.
Can I find something better and extend my range alittle?
I've used my Muzzleloader the last 3yrs and this yr I set up my Mossberg 20ga. I used to use a 500 12ga, fully rifled using Remington Copper Solids in 3 1/2" before the ML. I got tired of the pounding I'd get shooting it LOL!

I like the Brenneke magnum 3". I gt good groups with my 20g 500 using them. I can't remember the weight offhand but they come in a blue box.

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology

I would say whichever brand shoots best in you shotgun. I know this is a mantra constantly stated here but it really does apply.

I like the Brenneke magnum 3". I gt good groups with my 20g 500 using them. I can't remember the weight offhand but they come in a blue box.

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology
I'll second the Brenneke- http://www.brennekeusa.com/cms/h_products.html . The 2 3/4" is also a fine shell. Note: there's a typo on the products page that id's the 3" Magnum as 2 3/4" . This 3" slug has a 1" drop at 100 yds according to their ballistic data.

In my son's 500C 20 gauge with a modified choke, we tried Remington, 2 types of Federal, and Winchester SuperX. That little shotgun liked Winchester SuperX the best, hands down.
I shoot Federal Tru-ball in my Mossy 12's.

Back