• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best feeding semi-auto .22LR rounds?

my experience with my sig mosquito’s work great with CCI Mini-Mag (Landry Signature Series) 22 LR Hollow Point and Remington Golden Bullets (round nose) from Wal-Mart, no issues.

I am actually in the process of testing out different 22LR ammo to see what works best in my guns.
Ive been ordering and buying 22LR (whenever I find it) to see.

This is what I have found out so far other than the 2 (Mini-Mag & Golden Bullets) I previously mentioned above
(again this is just my experience with ammo thru my mosquitos so far):

Winchester Super-X 22 LR HP – not bad, only a few FTF/FTE, maybe 12 out of 100
Winchester Wildcat 22 LR Round Nose – “GARBAGE” over half FTF/FTE out of 50 (glad I only bought a small box)
Winchester 22 LR 333 Hollow Point Bulk Ammo – was ok, I wasn’t too impressed with this. Mainly had FTE issues (even swapped to a lower recoil spring for ejection assistance) seemed to be hit or miss
Winchester Super-X High Velocity Ammunition 22 LR Round Nose – worked better than the other winchester’s tested, more powder I guess. Only 4 FTF out of 50.
Federal Champion Target 22 LR High Velocity Round Nose Ammo - works great, had 3 FTE out of 50.
Federal AutoMatch Target 22 LR Round Nose 325 Bulk Ammo - another good product, 2 FTE out of 50.
CCI Standard Velocity 22 LR Round Nose Ammo - awesome, only 1 FTE out of 50
CCI Mini-Mag 22 LR Round Nose Ammo - awesome, 0 (ZERO) issues out of 50

I HAVE THE BELOW, STILL ON DECK TO SHOOT, BUT HAVENT GOT TO THEM ALL YET....
(like I said been buying when I find them)
--Remington 22 Long Rifle Golden Bullet 36 Grain Brass Plated Hollow Point 525 Bulk Ammo
--CCI AR Tactical 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Copper Plated Round Nose 325 Bulk Ammo
--Remington Thunderbolt 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose 500 Bulk Ammo
--CCI Mini-Mag 22 Long Rifle 36 Copper Plated Hollow Point Ammo

EDIT: updated info for federal and cci ammo....2/2/13

ill update as i get thru my list :cool:

Gotta go with the CCI mini-mags or Stingers.

My little ol' Winchester Cooey 64B is really fussy (she's at least 30+ years old). The semi-auto action needs that bigger kick from the larger powder charge in the CCI's to cycle properly.

I've banged through about 800 rounds of CCI and they are consistent performers. Had the odd hiccup with the mini-mags but the Stingers have been absolutely flawless.

Agreed on the Wildcats...garbage for semi-auto for sure. I think my success rate with the Wildcats was worse than yours...total trash.

Back