• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best Self-Defense Round for Shotguns

No, I hear ya, and I didnt think you were... but honestly, if thats all I had on hand, you can bet I'd use it before I turned my nose up at it! ;) If thats all I have, and I either use it or dont bother picking up the gun, oh I'm picking up the gun!

Hmmm... I'll have to think on the rail. I dont think it was Aimtech. The one I'm thinkin of mounts to the receiver on one end, so no, still wont work with the Cav Arms adapter. If you went with a low tube that didnt have the adapter mounted rail, it would work. Another option is having AIMPRO Tactical do it. They can install the barrel mounted rail and the refinish the barrel... if you want that sort of thing. But if you tig it, it will have to be refinished anyway. I can tig weld pretty darn good, but I'm not messin with my barrel, I'll pay someone else to be responsible for and warranty the work! :D

Thanks for the pointer to aimpro. I'll check them out. And I dont' mind refinishing the barrel.

I've actually thought about having the whole thing park'd by a buddy of mine anyway but I did refinishing on a commercial basis for years, so that doesn't worry me going that route either.

As for the Cav arms stock, I do prefer the high mount that is inline with the barrel. The ATI I have is considerably lower, but for medical reasons, I think I could handle the one behind the barrel better.

100_2042.jpg

This? I kind of like that now that I actually see it.

Thanks for adding that picture. That's a different angle than I have seen before.

Back