• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Birchwood Casey Super Black touch-up pen?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using these touch up pens to color in scratches and etc. on a M500 series anodized receiver? Does it work reasonably well? I'm looking at order the super black flat pen.

-Brandon

Never tried it myself, but a guy at the range I frequent mentioned it and showed me how it worked. It's OK for very minor scratches I guess...

I have used these in the past and still have one in the tool box.
NOT IMPRESSED!
I may have expected to much from a paint pen.

Well I went to the store yesterday and decided to pick one up and try it out. The paint isn't really completely black but more like a dark parkerized grey color. So far it seems to stay on okay-ish on flat surfaces but on edges it just rubs off like nothing. My sharpie pen seems to do a slightly better job. I guess in not so many words, it was a waste of time.

I guess one day if my receiver gets really scratched up I can just get it refinished...

Embrace your “battle scars”…..unless it’s more to look at then shoot. The receiver is aluminum so it won’t rust.

Back