1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Black Friday

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by MikeD, Dec 1, 2019 at 10:21 PM.

1. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Anyone find any great firearm related deals?

I kept looking online and weeded through the plethora of emails I got but nothing really stood out this year.

Perhaps I'm to the point where what I need is obscure enough to not fall under the general sales.
    John A. and meanstreak like this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

No, I didn't buy anything either. I looked at several sites that I frequent. Nothing really jumped out at me.

I did end up buying a specific drill bit that I needed from ebay though. Does that count? Sadly, I'm certain that I have one, but I can't find it anywhere. So, I had to buy another.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. MikeD

That's why I have around 10,000 tape measures, but can never find one when I need it.
    Bobster, meanstreak and John A. like this.
  4. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Come to mention it, I have a couple tape measures. The only one that I'm real partial to was my Dads' old 25 footer. He built a lot of things using that tape measure. Houses, porches, Churches, furniture, etc.
    meanstreak and hombre243 like this.
  5. hombre243

hombre243 20g Premier Member

My Dad always used the wood folding rulers. I think he would have left them to me when he died if I hadn't broke em all when I worked for him. He was an electrical contractor and i cannot remember him ever using a tape measure.
    Bobster and meanstreak like this.
  6. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Nope, no BF FA-related purchases for me this year. PSA has an ongoing MagPul 30-rd mag deal I will eventually take advantage of. Or not... ;) As noted above, there was really no extra-ordinary values to be had. Last BF gun purchased was a Rossi .22/.410 combo for $110 after rebate. That was from WM about 5 years ago. Sadly they no longer have FA "deals". I'd usually buy a case of 12ga and clays from them also.

Even the big-box and retail stores had slim pickings this year. There were TV deals (not in the market) but nothing that gave me any wood. Got another Roku, some Keurig pods, a 64GB microSD card, a couple mice, $15 dash cams for the kids, 2pk Ryobi batteries (a yearly purchase) and some flashlights. Also got a $50 Ryobi 18v chainsaw (normally $80+) and 1/2" impact set for $100. The impact is a gift but same set (w/charger and 4Ah batt.) was $80 last year... :(

Start stocking up on ammo and/or components, my brothers and sisters. I don't anticipate lower pricing in the near future... :(
  7. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I have a couple you can have... ;)
    hombre243 likes this.
  8. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I ONLY buy bright orange tape measures. I am partial to the Lufkin brand (1"/25') and have at least a half-dozen of them strategically placed all around the shop and office...
  9. hombre243

hombre243 20g Premier Member

Thanks, but I already bought a couple unbreakable of the Maerble brand.
  10. MikeD

I could chain them to a cinder block like a gas station bathroom key and they would still be missing when I need one. LOL