• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bobcat Forend too tight to install?

Hello,

I've done some searching online, but haven't seen anything regarding this issue.

Recently bought a Mossberg 930 SPX, and have really enjoyed the performance of this shotgun.

I wanted to add some mods to the system, and purchased the Bobcat Forend. However during installation I've found that as sliding the new addition down along the barrel the forend catches on the receiver.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I'd rather not have to rasp the forend, but its definitely not going to fit even a little bit around the receiver.

Thanks for your help.

Who makes it? I can't find anything on it so the only thing I can think of is to call the manufacturer.

You're welcome and I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I could find them, but nothing resembling your issue. Are these a poly forend?

You're welcome and I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I could find them, but nothing resembling your issue. Are these a poly forend?

I believe this is solid aluminum. Its a really nice mod, and would hate to have to file it down if the manufacture cant help.

Last edited:
I have the same set up on a tan Spx. I was able to fit the forend on the receiver, but it did put some pretty deep but small scratches in the receiver. They are covered up, though.
Also, wear a glove when shooting; that thing can tear up flesh like a grater

Thanks Red for the heads up.

I took a dremel to the forend and it fits very well after modification. Only had to grind a sliver off each side.

Added a vertical grip to the rails, 12" ETA rhino rail on top, as well as a 8 shell holder from Mesa Tactical.

Will be adding a light system and optics in the coming weeks.

Attachments

• Mossy930SPX.jpg
    Mossy930SPX.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 16
Back