• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Brenneke Green Lightning

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Ordered this thru my LGS about 10 days ago. 10 boxes @ $9.00/each. Happy camper! :D Mitch came thru again. :D 1 1/4oz, MV 1476 ft/sec , Energy 1170ft.lbs at 100yds. Look out Zombie squirrels, I'm comin' for ya! ;)

GreenLightning.jpg

WOW!

If you nail a squirrel with one I want to see a photo of the red spot where it was!! Promise?

Very nice ! and less than a buck a shell woooohoooo ! You have a better chance at recovering the slug than the squirrel

oli700 said:
Very nice ! and less than a buck a shell woooohoooo ! You have a better chance at recovering the slug than the squirrel
Check the photo - boxe$ of five. :shock:

mingaa said:
oli700 said:

Correct. Counting tax ~$100. So $2/shot. Don't care. :mrgreen:

In reality of course, these are for deer seasons, and maybe a hog or 2 if one wanders by. :)

GunnyGene said:
mingaa said:
oli700 said:

Correct. Counting tax ~$100. So $2/shot. Don't care. :mrgreen:

In reality of course, these are for deer seasons, and maybe a hog or 2 if one wanders by. :)
No criticism intended - that's the good stuff baby!!!! :D

No criticism intended - that's the good stuff baby!!!! :D

Didn't take it as criticism. :) I'd been hunting around on the net for a couple months and the prices ranged from $8 to $20. Only a couple places had any in stock and their prices were $11 and up, not counting shipping and taxes. I was real pleased with what I paid.

Also liked the ballistics on these. Pretty flat out to 100+ yds.

GunnyGene said:
Ordered this thru my LGS about 10 days ago. 10 boxes @ $9.00/each. Happy camper! :D Mitch came thru again. :D 1 1/4oz, MV 1476 ft/sec , Energy 1170ft.lbs at 100yds. Look out Zombie squirrels, I'm comin' for ya! ;)

Sure wish I could score like that, Gunny. I'd buy 10 boxes in a heartbeat. Everyone I talk to about Green Lightning slugs just laughs at me! Guess I'll have to try your "pizza at lunch" tactic! :lol:

Chris C said:
GunnyGene said:

Sure wish I could score like that, Gunny. I'd buy 10 boxes in a heartbeat. Everyone I talk to about Green Lightning slugs just laughs at me! Guess I'll have to try your "pizza at lunch" tactic! :lol:

Btw, these were ordered by the shop from Ellett Brothers Distributors - http://www.ellettbrothers.com/Home.asp , so I'd bet they have more of them in their warehouse. Might want to mention that to whoever you do business with.

Thanks, Gunny. I'll write that name down and use it.

Oh, and I might add that I just looked up their dealer list and got 5 within 23 miles of home. So I'll be on the prowl soon!

Thanks again for the tip.

Back from the ammo dealer. Ordered 10 boxes of 12 gauge Green Lightning slugs. $10.39 a box, plus tax and shipping.......total $126.21. Pricey.............but at least I'll have them. Thanks for the help, Gunny............as always.

Chris C said:
Back from the ammo dealer. Ordered 10 boxes of 12 gauge Green Lightning slugs. $10.39 a box, plus tax and shipping.......total $126.21. Pricey.............but at least I'll have them. Thanks for the help, Gunny............as always.

Good! :) Glad I could help. Did he give you any idea of how long it would take to get them? Took mine about 2 1/2 weeks to show up.

So glad to get them ordered I didn't even think to ask! :eek: :lol: Don't really care, unless the zombies come down my drive before delivery. But I've plenty of Critical Defense 00 to offer the visitors! Wouldn't want to be a poor host! :twisted:

Those are pretty available most anywhere..............but it's the Green Lightning that are hard to find. (at least in Central Oklahoma)

Back