• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Buckshot and slugs

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Went out this morning for a bit of fun. Killed a satellite TV box. 2 Brenneke Green Lightning slug shots, 2 Rio 00buck out of my Mariner at about 15yds. :D

Entry wounds

DSCN2023.jpg~original

Exit wounds

DSCN2024.jpg~original

Love the effect. :!:

Looks like that ammo went thru it like the box was a styrofoam plate! :lol:

That's sweet. I'm taking the mrs out Sunday to shoot her lil .410 finally. I have a 3 gal water jug and I might get a few watermelons or cantaloupe. Maybe I should bring an old laptop I have sitting around? :twisted:

I don't have any electronics to "practice" with, but it sure is WAY more fun that blasting paper. If quality steel targets weren't so expensive to ship up here I'd have lots! Good shootn' Gunny!

aksavanaman said:
I don't have any electronics to "practice" with, but it sure is WAY more fun that blasting paper. If quality steel targets weren't so expensive to ship up here I'd have lots! Good shootn' Gunny!

This was an old box that DTV told me was obsolete and would quit receiving this month. They sent me a new one (free) to replace it, and didn't want the old one back, so it was ready made for this purpose. :)

As for other fun targets, you could probably pick up old junk stuff at yard sales cheap.

Blasting up old obsolete stuff is so much fun isn't it? :D

I always love when I can get a hold of old hard drives. Slugs through those is always an eye opener.

jgwills said:
Blasting up old obsolete stuff is so much fun isn't it? :D

I always love when I can get a hold of old hard drives. Slugs through those is always an eye opener.

Yep. Feels like a little payback. :D

Back