• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Building up foresight height with Epoxy putty?

Daryll

.270 WIN
Evening Gents,

I have a Taurus .357 Model 66 with a 12.5 inch barrel.... what we call here in the UK an LBR

This has always shot high (6-9'' high at 25yds) with my normal target loads, and after a bit of fiddling with it, I took the easy route of a mount and red-dot sight.
However, now I want to use iron sights again, and I'm determined to get it shooting to POA.

I have read that you can build up the foresight with epoxy putty, then file it down as required.

I'm looking at JB Weld and EvoStik epoxy puttys, both metal reinforced.

Has anyone any experience of using these, or doing this process...??

Any help or advice appreciated.

Daryll.

I have never used JB weld precisely in the manner that you mention, but it would work for it I believe. I have used it to build up and seal up and in general mold other gun parts.

You can always paint it when you are finished too.

I have a 6" model 66 Taurus 357 seven shot that my wife uses. Say what you want about Taurus in general, but I have shot some really hot loads through that gun. That one is a good one.

Thanks John... I posted the same to a Uk forum and someone has suggested "Milliput", apparently they use it all the time ( although I'm not sure for my type of usage..!) and it comes in a natural black...

I've never heard of it.

But the same principle stands.

Let us know how it works out.

Back