• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bushnell TRS-25

Does anybody have any input on the Bushnell TRS-25 red dot sight? I've been looking at red dots for days now and this model seems to be a great product for only about $90.

I have heard some really good things about these, even being compared to the Aimpoint, but this one prefered in a head to head review.

The reasons I believe came down to the 3 MOA dot vs the Aimpoint adjustable (being not real necessary) and the brightness adjustment, where I think there is more adjustment to the Bushnell than the Aimpoint.

I have seen the 1 x 25 for somewhere in the $70 range.

Heres the drawback in my mind, (Also let me add here I have a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot) the sight isnt made in the US. My preference is to buy American as much as is possible. Not always possible on a budget.

Rossignol said:
Heres the drawback in my mind, (Also let me add here I have a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot) the sight isnt made in the US. My preference is to buy American as much as is possible. Not always possible on a budget.

I couldn't agree more. In fact I even try to keep my dollars locally too! However, on purchases like these, sometimes it just comes down to price/availability....

Many of the reviews I've read on this product have been extremely positive.

...and that's a good price ! Seen this one on a website for $110 ( on sale )

BushnellRedDotTRS25.jpg

Bushnell 1x25 Trophy Series TRS-25 3 MOA Red Dot Sight with CR2032 Battery is ultra-compact passive red dot sight. This Bushnell Red Dot Scope can work 3000 hours on one CR2032 battery.

Good picture too! You can clearly see the 11 brightness adjustments. The comparable Aimpoint has 5, but an adjustable MOA.

Heres the school of thought on the MOA. Up close you switch to a larger dot. Why? I dunno, I use my 3 MOA dot at 15 yards to 50 yards.

The 3 MOA is dot enough.

The brightness adjustment is probably more than needed. Now, going back to the Aimpoint again, I have heard it the adjustment isnt enough, but I dont remember if it either doesnt get bright enough or it cant be turned down enough...

So for the price, which it can be found for less than $100, this is a good unit! I havent had any issues with my Bushnell 1 x 32 MP Trophy Red Dot. It holds up to 12 gauge recoil and no problems with it holding zero. Allison uses it to shoot clays with 00 buckshot and I've seen her pick off individual clays when theyre just inches apart. Thats gonna depend on your buckshot too though. Another topic I believe.

6364619251_93bd94c739_z.jpg
6373044913_6a8f209f59_z.jpg
6364619253_e6f93ae711_z.jpg
I picked up mine this past Saturday and installed it on my 930. I get a perfect co-witness with my GRS and the dot lies right in the middle of my hi-viz front sight. Thanks Rossignol for the suggestion.

Man it looks great! The co-witness looks excellent!

I'm wanting to get a lower profile sight for slug shooting, something lower than the Bushnell i have now. I like it, but the cheek weld sux.

The one you have is def lower than the 1 x 30 Trophy.

I took my 930 to Gander Mountain to make sure what they had in stock would co-witness and the TRS-25 was the winner, they had a sitemark brand there but it would not fit my rail. Remember the cracked red dot I posted a while back? I took it back to Gander Mountain I did'nt have the receipt but I purchased it on my GM store card. They refunded the cost and I end up paying a total of 31.00 for the TRS-25 with a 13 month warranty

Very nice!

Gotta love great customer service. Glad you got fixed up. Now all we need is a range report...

Back