• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Buying My First Shotty Soon!

boddah4

Copper BB
I am going to go and look at (and hopefully buy) my first shotgun next week. I am going to use it for primarily turkey and coyote hunting here in Michigan. I am looking for a pump action 12 gauge that is covered in camo.
I am leaning towards a Mossberg 500, with a Remington 870 second. The value of the 500 is what intrigues me the most. My only concern is the selection of aftermarket parts/accessories compared to the 870. I looked at Midway USA and the 870 has more to offer. However, I really don't know what I would want to throw on the shotgun, I just like the idea of having options :D

boddah4, I hear ya on the options. I was going through the same thing when I was looking to buy another.

I already had my 500A Persuader at that time, and was deciding between an 870 and a 590A1. Can you guess which one I purchased! :D

So I went for the 590A1 and I have zero regrets. There may not be as many options, but when you begin comparing the things you would want to add, chances are there is a model # available from Mossberg that already has what youre looking for. Thats what did it for me. The couple things that werent included in the model I wanted were readily available. So it just depends on what exactly you want. We'll be here to help as much as we're able!!!

Thanks for joinin us!

Brad.

Welcome aboard Sir!

Glad you found us. Good luck in your decision. While you're here, be sure to check out all of our subforums on a wide variety of topics. I'm sure you'll find something of interest.

Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! It is very tough deciding between the Mossberg 500 and the Remington 870 but for me the tang safety sold me on a Mossberg. I have been accessorizing my Mossberg 500 since the day I bought it and have yet to find an option that isn't available for it. Good luck in your decision and let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your decision easier.

Update...I am officially a member of the Mossberg Family! I bought a 835 ulti-mag Tactical Turkey yesterday. I wasn't going to spend that much, but after fondling a few shotguns and several shops it was the one that kept calling me back.

I can't wait to get out and shoot this bad boy.

Ooooh, nice work man! Def let us know how it does for you!!!

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 835! Update us after you get to shoot it.

Back